mercoledì 17 agosto 2011

FIND WHAT IT IS THAT YOU SEEK!

It's a strange feeling. I never had any problem in describing my mood, but this is a different day, and I can't do much more than stare at a clear white page.
Beautiful or deadly animals I picture in my head, green overwhelming nature or woods on fire, and the hundreds of people that knew my name. Some of them knew nothing more, some got to know my personality, some dug into my weaknesses, some others were surprised by the strength I hide. Who I will meet again along my life's course, who I will never meet again, who I have already forgotten, who I will never be able to forget. Every single thing, starting from the most terrifying insect I saw to the untasty instant noodles that followed me on my roadtrips, from having breakfast and dinner with different people every day to the long, long kilometres I walked with my own legs had an impact on my soul. They built a different person, with a different consciousness of the world we are living in, with wider horizons, and stronger opinions. The little world I will join again tomorrow will be screened by two very different eyes; they will give a more critical look, but somehow it will be softer as well.
I have reached the end now, and I can serenely say that I had absolutely no clue about what was going to happen on my way to Australia, and even if it matched my hopes, I didn't know that the first important decision of my life would have been the best one. At the time, I didn't know what I was looking for, I still don't know it now, but I do know what I have found. I've found something I will treasure for ever, something I'll try to teach the people I love, but that they'll never learn if they don't get out of their safe homes and find it themselves. Something I will try to tell, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

So, what is the biggest lesson I learnt ? How could I describe the improvements of this whole year of travelling around with only a few words?

I think I know what happened. I think I fell in love. I fell in love with life, with a free life.

1 commento:

  1. La vita è bella!!! So happy we met...lots of love and greetings from colonia/germania XX Katrin

    RispondiElimina